Thursday, May 21, 2015

Good Friends, Bones, Peroxide




You know you have good friends when they will happily assist your weird hobbies.  
I LOVE bones.  So pretty!   I take a lot of rides in my cabin-neighbor’s dog transport van, and if she sees a plant or anything else she wants on the side of the road, we pull over and bag it. 
This time, we were out and she saw a new flower she wanted for her garden.  Out of the van we leapt... and right by her new plant was a very worn down deer carcass.   We spotted this jawbone, and I lamented that I’d have to come back later to grab it.  And she, like any good friend, handed me a plastic bag.  
Later that evening she brought over just what I needed: the sketchbook I’d left on her deck and some peroxide.  The picture of the jawbone is its current state.  It will be in the 50/50 water/peroxide mixture for the rest of the week.  I look forward to using it as part of a still life composition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment