Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Blogger Changing Image Colors- And How to Fix It

When I uploaded one of my shirt designs yesterday, I noticed that the colors were way off, as you can see below. The top image is what uploaded, the bottom image is what it should have been.  A subtle difference in the greens made it go from olive to pea soup, which totally changed the tone of the image. 

So, the problem?  Google+.  I didn't even have an active Google+ account, but somehow when I made my blog, it flipped on an enhanced image function.  If you're having this issue, here's how to turn it off.

1.  Activate your Google+ account, even if you don't think you have one.  I just blew through setup by clicking "next" until I got to the home page.

2.  Click on your Home Button and scroll down to click on "Settings"

3.  In Settings, scroll down until you see Photos.
4.  Scroll down to the section labeled Auto Enhance.  If Auto Enhance is set to "Normal" or "High", it's on, and that's likely what is causing your image issues.

So, just click "off" to turn it off!


That should fix it.  All my subsequent uploads no longer have color changes.  I hope this helped!

NOTE!  If your colors are still looking way off, make sure that you're saving them as RGB, not CMYK before you upload them.  In Photoshop, that setting is under Image, then under Mode, shown below.  

(Photoshop  © Adobe)

No comments:

Post a Comment